This birthday was a little different for me though...it was kind of sad but amazing at the same time if that makes sense? I'll start with the sad stuff....My grandparents forgot me this year, while I expect this from my Mothers parents because, lets face it my Nanny has never remember why would the woman start now, I didn't expect it from my Dad's. I know that they have alot going on and my Gran's memory is not quite the same anymore it still made me heart ache....Not just for my own selfish reasons but it made me realize that they aren't as young as they used to be and there may not be many more chances for them to remember. Also, I had a conversation with a friend that I haven't spoken to in a short while, and well lets just say that things aren't same anymore. She is going through alot and because life happened we haven't been able to keep up with each other. I tried to be the friend that I thought that she wanted, but I guess I wasn't enough. It was a phone call that ended up in alot of tears and questions that were still left unanswered. :(
Now on to why it was one of the most amazing birthday weeks! For one thing it was birthday dinner at Mom's house. She makes it special for each of us. We pick the menu and whatever cake we want. She has done this for as long as I can remember, but it still makes it a great day. She has also thrown Pooh into the mix since we have been married. It was funny she was actually talking the other day about what she thinks Corbin might want for his first...poor little guy doesn't know what is coming! He doesn't even have any teeth yet. But I am not ready to think about him being 1 just yet.
For another, I had my little guy Corbin to celebrate with this year. Also, things are going great for my little family right now. We don't have much; but what we do have we make the most of and our home is full of love. I never doubt it when I walk through our front door. As you may know my hubby is not one of the most mushy, lovey dovey, kind of guys(well not in public) but he is a sweet heart to me. He surprised me this year, we decided not to do gifts because of how the economy is going, but he didn't let that stop him from getting me something. He shows up at home with 2 cards...this isn't unusual in our house for every birthday or holiday as long as we have been together we do get each other 2 cards; one lovey dovey & the other funny; don't know why its just what we have always done. So I open the first card, its mushy and sweet, I shed a tear...As I open the second card I am expecting the funny one, not this card says Happy Birthday Mommy. My sweet husband went out and bought a birthday card from our son to me. I cried, it was so sweet and unexpected, he even signed it "I love you Momma, Love Corbin" in shaky, bad hand writing to make it look like Corbie had wrote in it. I know that alot of fathers probably do this for their wives and mothers of their children, but it was my first one and it means the world to me.
That is the recap of the big #26 for me...it was alittle sad, but very wonderful as well. I have memories that will last a life time. A husband that melts my heart with some of the things that he does, a baby that has my heart, and a very special card that will go into my cedar chest with all the other memories!

How sweet!! It's a whole new world with the little ones, life takes on a whole new meaning. I remember my first birthday with Carter and I felt totally different. I'd always known I was blessed but bringing a child into the mix gives it a whole new meaning!!! Happy belated birthday! :)
ReplyDelete